Police Officers – The Benefits
Some of the main benefits you’ll be entitled to as Police Officer are:
From the moment you start training as a Cadet you’ll receive a salary, which will rise when you graduate from the Academy. Your salary will also progress as your career does.
Your average working week will be 38 hours per week on a roster. Flexible working hours and part-time working may also be available.
As well as six weeks paid annual leave each year, you’ll also enjoy generous entitlements for:
- Parental leave (including maternity and childcare leave)
- Long service leave - 90 days after 10 years
- Study leave
- Sick leave – up to 12 days
- Family carers leave
- Compassionate leave
- Sporting leave.
- Uniforms supplied at no cost
- Hospital and extras cover (upon joining the fund and payment of subscriptions)
- Cash death benefit for dependants
- Police association support (upon joining the association and payment of subscriptions)
- Financial support for sports (upon joining the federation and payment of subscriptions)