While we continually develop our capacity to respond to challenges, we also aspire to provide the best policing services to meet the changing needs and expectations of South Australians. It's a matter of great pride and we are committed to ensuring the best services through our strategic direction (PDF, 618kb) vision and goals.
SAPOL's vision is to provide a visible, responsive police service for all South Australians. Our goals are to:
- ensure police are more visible, available and responsive to the public
- take a highly visible 'prevention first' approach to reduce crime and improve road safety
- ensure professional and effective management of emergencies to protect life and property
- improve communication and engagement with the community
- improve development and support for police staff
- innovate to meet serious crime trends such as organised crime and cybercrime
- build more multi-agency collaboration for wider community benefits
- enhance public confidence, trust and reputation of police.
Whether you join SAPOL as a Police Officer, Protective Security Officer, Public Servant or Community Constable, these are the guiding principles that will shape your career and your experiences.