Committed to EEO
At SAPOL we’re committed to you enjoying a fair, flexible, safe and rewarding workplace, which supports inclusive work practices and where discrimination, harassment and bullying are not tolerated. In order to support this we have a number of policies and strategies in place and the principles of equity and diversity are integrated into all areas of our human resource management and workplace decisions.
- We have developed workplace strategies to support state government policy on increasing the representation and development of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds in the public sector.
- We're working to increase the representation of women at senior levels. We also have a Women's Focus Group that supports employees and helps to establish and maintain networks within SAPOL, ensuring we promote and value diversity.
- We ensure employees with disabilities and recognised carers can fully participate in all aspects of our workplace.
- We ensure gender equity throughout policing, and address inappropriate workplace behaviours including discrimination, harassment and bullying.
- We regularly evaluate the effectiveness and outcomes of workplace diversity initiatives.
- To support our commitments and manage and promote equity and diversity in the workplace we have established Equity Contact Officers.
- Gay and Lesbian Liaison Officers (GLLOs) are in place at every Local Service Area as well as other specialist areas such as Sexual Crime Investigation Branch and Major Crime Investigation Branch. Supporting their local gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, intersex and queer community, GLLOs improve community safety and ensure equal access to our fair and equitable policing services.