While we continually develop our capacity to respond to challenges, we also aspire to provide the best policing services to meet the changing needs and expectations of South Australians. It's a matter of great pride and we are committed to ensuring the best services through our SAPOL 2020 document (PDF,1500kb) vision and values.
SAPOL 2020 sets a benchmark for the future of policing in South Australia.
Our key strategy for this period is to be accessible, innovative and efficient in the use of our resources, and responsive in the delivery of our frontline services regardless of the circumstances.
Our commitment to this strategy will drive our business through our core programs of Public Safety, Crime and Criminal Justice Services and Road Safety, with a focus on:
- Accepting personal responsibility for professionalism and leadership
- Acting with integrity, honesty, fairness, and impartiality for public accountability
- Collaborating and engaging for effective communication
- Understanding and meeting community needs
- Maintaining and inspiring public confidence
Whether you join SAPOL as a Police Officer, Protective Security Officer, Public Servant or Community Constable, these are the guiding principles that will shape your career and your experiences.