Before you apply, why not carry out this quick self-assessment to help you confirm that this is the right move for you. You must complete all questions.
Sorry, you did not pass.
Results indicate that you may not meet all the requirements at this time to become a Police Officer. If you’d like to discuss the opportunities available and routes into Policing, please visit our Contact Us page.
Congratulations, you passed!
Well done. You have what it takes to be a great Police Officer / Protective Security Officer with SAPOL. You can continue your application below.
Sorry, some answers are missing.
Please check your answers below and submit again.
There are limited course intakes throughout the year and as such, the competition for these places is high. Please ensure that you are completely prepared when submitting your application and be aware that there may be some time between your application process and, if successful, your commencement date at the Academy. For further information, register for a Pre-application Information Seminar.
You can download a copy of the Recruitment Handbook here. (PDF, 2mb)
To apply to become a member of South Australia Police, please download and complete the following:
- Application form (PDF, 41kb)
- Statement of personal health and circumstances (PDF, 7.6mb)
The current medical form is the only form that will be accepted for new applications
You will also need to collect:
- a passport size colour photograph of yourself
and copies of your:
- Year 12 results and Student Achievement Record
- birth or citizenship certificate
- driving licence
- current First Aid Certificate (required before you undertake the first out phase of the Constable Development Program)
- plus any other information that could help your application.
Then send your application forms and documents to:South Australia Police Recruiting Section
100 Angas Street
ADELAIDE SA 5000
- Do not include the original copy of any documents with your application, but these will need to be seen during the selection process.
- Do not place your application form or supporting documents in folders, binders or covers.
- If you do not include all the necessary documentation and information your application will be rejected or returned.
- Your personal details (name, date of birth and current address) will be published (including by electronic means) in the South Australia Police intranet site for confidential comment by serving South Australia Police employees.
- The recruiting process may take some time. You will be contacted throughout the process regarding tests and assessments.
- For applicants living in country areas or interstate the selection process may be conducted over four consecutive days.