Before you apply, why not carry out this quick self-assessment to help you confirm that this is the right move for you. You must complete all questions.
Sorry, you did not pass.
Results indicate that you may not meet all the requirements at this time to become a Police Officer. If you’d like to discuss the opportunities available and routes into Policing, please visit our Contact Us page.
Congratulations, you passed!
Well done. You have what it takes to be a great Police Officer with SAPOL. You can continue your application below.
Sorry, some answers are missing.
Please check your answers below and submit again.
To apply to become a Protective Security Officer with the South Australia Police, please download and complete the following:
- Application form (PDF, 41kb)
- Statement of personal health and circumstances (PDF, 35kb) and Instruction letter to applicants (PDF, 37kb)
- Letter for your GP (PDF, 37kb)
- Driving ability form (PDF, 17kb)
- Medical records release form.(PDF, 96kb)
You will also need to collect:
- a passport size colour photograph of yourself
and copies of your:
- birth or citizenship certificate
- driving licence
- current Basic (or essential) First Aid Certificate
- plus any other information that could help your application.
Then send your application forms and documents to:South Australia Police Recruiting Section
100 Angas Street
ADELAIDE SA 5000
- Do not include the original copy of any documents with your application, but these will need to be seen during the selection process.
- Do not place your application form or supporting documents in folders, binders or covers.
- If you do not include all the necessary documentation and information your application will be rejected or returned.
- Your personal details (name, date of birth and current address) will be published (including by electronic means) on the South Australia Police intranet site for confidential comment by serving South Australia Police employees.
- The recruiting process may take some time. You will be contacted throughout the process regarding tests and assessments.
- For applicants living in country areas or interstate the selection process may be conducted over four consecutive days.