Protective Security Officers – Our Vision
While we continually develop our capacity to respond to challenges, we also aspire to provide the best services to meet the changing needs and expectations of South Australians. It’s a matter of great pride and we are committed to ensuring the best services through our vision and mission.
Whether you join SAPOL as a Police Officer, Protective Security Officer, Public Servant or Community Constable, these are the guiding principles that will shape your career and your experiences.
Our vision is to be held in the highest regard as a modern, motivated, progressive and professional organisation; responsive to the community's needs and expectations. Through our vision we aim to be:
- Modern – innovative and adopting contemporary best practice in our operations and management
- Motivated - committed to high standards of performance and service delivery
- Progressive - open-minded, prepared to challenge current practices and embrace constructive change
- Professional - striving for the highest standards of personal skills, conduct and integrity
These aims underpin our mission, which is to work together to reassure and protect the community from crime and disorder. To achieve our vision and mission, we have six core functions. They are to:
- Uphold the law
- Preserve the peace
- Prevent crime
- Assist the public in emergency situations
- Coordinate and manage responses to emergencies
- Regulate road use and prevent vehicle collisions